Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pittsburgh PA - Travel Day

I did a little research before leaving for Pittsburgh, to see where I wanted to eat and explore.  I have heard wonderful things about the food available in the city, I my choice was to eat my way through the days and walk around to see what Pittsburgh was made of. 



Irene decided to join me on this trip and is ready to go.














When we travel arriving a day early and leaving a day after an event really helps keep you relaxed and a way to enjoy your trip.  After a day of travel it is nice to check into the hotel, relax, and find a good Dinner.  Eating at the hotel restaurant is typically a safe bet, priced a little higher, but convenient and usually a Pub of some sort.

On this adventure I traveled with my friend Lynn. We took the Ohio Turnpike, it has been a long time since I traveled that route, such nice roads and service stations.  The service stations have a food court, I don't eat fast food but the posters were funny to me.


Hardee's

The guy looks like the burger is being shoved in his face.
The gal looks like she is seducing her burger.

Well, onward to PA....









The Westin has a breakfast restaurant and a Lunch/Dinner restaurant called The Original Fish Market.
We checked out the menu online then headed down to get a bite to eat for dinner.



BBQ Walleye with Bacon green beans and Polenta cakes.

The fish was tender and flaky with a wonderfully seasoned BBQ sauce.
Bacon Green Beans, only one word needed for that, delish.

The Polenta Cakes had onions and peppers mixed in, more of something calm on the palette.

No comments: