Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Lunch Room - Ann Arbor, MI

                The Lunch Room started as a Food Cart located in the Mark’s Carts Courtyard.  With much success and a growing fan-base they were able to sign a lease in the Kerrytown Shops and offer more seating, hours, and food.  This is when I found them.  I was following their story through Facebook, I don’t get to the area Mark’s Carts is set up during serving hours since my offices are not within walking distance to get there and back again with a chance to eat in the middle.
                Now located in the Kerrytown Shops I can walk there on lunch for a little treat from their desserts, or sit for a bit to eat.

                The addiction started with a (not so) little Macaroon, and I have to admit that I like them more than Zingerman’s Macaroons.  Great moisture and they have chocolate on them!




                I had to go back and get a macaroon for Rob, they are one of his favorite cookies, but they didn't have them the day I went back.  I couldn't walk out empty handed to I got a doughnut, raspberry lemonade, Yum!  I tried again, still no macaroons that time either, so I had to try a cookie, mexican chocolate chip, the spice builds on that one, Yum!  Finally got a macaroon for Rob and he was delighted, and picked up a pumpkin whoopie pie for myself  :)

                I worked up the courage for lunch and tried the Banh mi chay: The Lunch Room’s take on this classic Vietnamese baguette sandwich with marinated baked tofu, carrot-radish pickle, jalapenos, and fresh cilantro and mint with garlic mayo. Served on our housemade baguette  $7. 



                With the balanced flavors and wonderful textures, it is truly amazing to believe that they are 100% Vegan!  That’s right folks, they are a vegan restaurant. 


DINNER SPECIALS: start at 5pm each day
Monday - Sushi night
Tuesday - Taco night
Wednesday - Pizza night
Thursday - Asian night/ Indian night
Friday - Pasties night
Saturday - Pizza night


Learn more about The Lunch Room on Facebook or on their website: http://thelunchrooma2.tumblr.com/

More about the current food carts with Mark’s Carts:


Eat Well !
~ Kate

No comments: